António Gonçalves22 March, 2018
Anaïs Mendes Silva22 March, 2018
CARLOS DE ALMEIDA SAMPAIO
- Corporate and Competition;
- Financial and Tax Law;
- Information Technologies;
- Data Protection.
- Degree in Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon.
- Master in Legal and Economic Sciences from the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon.
- PhD in Law from the Faculty of Law of the Lusíada University of Lisbon.
- Registered in the Bar Association. Assistant of the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon in 1979-1985 and 1996-2002; Visiting Professor of the Portuguese Catholic University in 1985-1993; Research Professor at the Faculty of Law of Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa (2018- …).Member of the Fiscal Reform Committee (1980-1984).
Adviser on European Affairs of the Prime Minister (1987-1991).
Member of the Board of Directors of Unicre / Visa International (1991-1993)
Non-Executive Member of the Board of Directors of Siemens, S.A. (1993-2006).
Partner of Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira (2008/2012)Publications: Author of several scientific books; (2000), “The Duality Nature of Financial Control of the Court of Auditors” (2001), “A Journey to the 21st Century IT Law in the EU” ( 2009), “E-Discovery and Data Protection” (2010), “The Eminent Domain and the Principle of Benefit” (2017).Professional Associations: Member of the Bar Association, the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association.He was a member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Arbitration Council of the Portuguese-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2003-2007). He is a member of the Luso-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Portuguese-British Chamber of Commerce.Languages: Portuguese, English, French, German and Spanish.